End Tribal Politics (Dáil Reform)
- Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are mirror images based on families not political argument.
- TDs behave like County Councillors. Legislation takes a back seat.
- Dail and Seanad reform is essential.
- Change the multi-seat PR system which forces TDs to prioritise local issues.
- Introduce single seat constituencies or the list system to give TDs the freedom to legislate not to look over their shoulders and compete with constituency colleagues.
- Give Dail Committees power to compel witnesses.
- Abolish Seanad unless it is reformed within 12 months.
Let Me Know What You Think:
Join in the discussion of my policies, and tell me what you think about Dail Reform – moving away from Tribal Politics.
Please share your thoughts too on my other key policy platforms:
How we need to clean up the Banking sector
Tackling the twin problems of Unemployment and Emigration?
Ending Cronyism and the culture of the few
I welcome your thoughts – after all, you are the people I represent.