Other achievements and priorities of Minister Ross include
Holding the majority government party, Fine Gael, to account on a number of issues, including:
• Required a full recall of the Dail in order to discuss the European Competition Commission decision on Apple taxation and securing a review into multinational taxation.
• Persuaded the cabinet of the merits of a statutory commission of investigation into the sale of Project Eagle.
• Secured a guaranteed timeline to progress the issue of the 8th amendment.
• Successfully negotiated greater equality from Budget 2017 in a number of areas, which included increasing the Christmas Bonus, lowering prescription charges for the elderly and increasing pension payments.
• Insisted on a competitive process for Ireland’s appointment to the European Investment Bank.
• Currently on the Ministers agenda is the introduction and passage of the Judicial Appointments Bill to ensure that judicial appointments are no longer in the gift of legal and political insiders.
• Currently in pursuit of radical reform of the PAS appointment system.